- 직책 Assistant Professor
- 전공분야 Machine Learning, Computer Vision, Bio-Medical Data Analytics
- 연구실 Room No. 202, JungAng-JungBo-Gwan (중앙정보관 202호)
- Doctor of Philosophy, Gwangju Institute of Science and Technology (Major: Artificial Intelligence and
- Visiting PhD Student Researcher in Machine Learning, University of Birmingham, United Kingdom.
- Bachelor of Engineering, Korea University
▶ Academic Career
- June 2017–Mar 2019 Research Professor, Biomedical Research Institute & Department of Radiology, Seoul
National University Hospital, South Korea.
- Oct 2016– May 2017 Research Professor, School of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science, Gwangju
Institute of Science and Technology, South Korea.
- May 2016–Sep 2016 Postdoctoral Research Associate, School of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science,
Gwangju Institute of Science and Technology, South Korea.
- Sep 2014–Apr 2016 Postdoctoral Research Associate, Department of Information and Communications, Gwangju
Institute of Science and Technology, South Korea.
- Sep 2009–Aug 2014 Research Assistant, School of Information and Mechanics, Gwangju Institute of Science and
Technology, South Korea.
▶ Research Achievement
[International Journal Papers]
- J. Gwak*, T.K.K. Ho, “Towards Deep Learning Approaches for Learning Structure Motifs and Classifying Biological
Sequences from RNA A-To-I Editing Events”, IEEE Access, accepted, 2019. (SCIE, JCR 2018 IF=4.098)
- T. Nguyen, M. Kim, J. Gwak, J-J. Lee, K-Y. Choi, K-H. Lee, and J. G. Kim “Investigation of brain functional connectivity
in mild cognitive impairment patients: a fNIRS study”, Journal of Biophotonics, e201800298:1–12, 2019.
(SCI, JCR 2018 IF=3.763)
- K-Y. Sim, S-H. Park, K-Y. Choi, J-E. Park, J-S. Lee, B. C. Kim, J. Gwak, W-K. Song, K-H. Lee*, S-G. Park*, “Epitope
profiling of plasma antibody in Alzheimer’s disease dementia patients”, Scientific Reports, vol. 9, pp. 4587:1–10
(SCI, JCR 2018 IF=4.525)
- J. Kang, J. Gwak*, “Ensemble of Instance Segmentation Models for Polyp Segmentation in Colonoscopy Images”,
IEEE Access, vol. 7, pp. 26440– 26447, 2019, in press (SCIE, JCR 2018 IF=4.098)
- T.K.K. Ho, J. Gwak*, C. M. Park, J-I. Song, “Discrimination of Mental Workload Level from Multi-Channel fNIRS using
Deep Leaning-based Approaches”, IEEE Access, 2019, vol. 7, pp. 24392– 24403, (SCIE, JCR 2018 IF=4.098)
- O. Prakash, C. M. Park, A. Khare, M. Jeon, J. Gwak*, “Multiscale Fusion of Multimodal Medical Images using
Lifting Scheme based Biorthogonal Wavelet Transform,” Optik, vol. 128, pp. 995–1014, 2019 (SCI, JCR 2018 IF=1.914)
- H. Kim, C. M. Park*, J. Gwak, E. J. Hwang, S. Y. Lee, J. Jung, H. Hong, J. M. Goo, “Effect of CT Reconstruction
Algorithm on the Diagnostic Performance of Radiomics Models: A Task-Based Approach for Pulmonary
Subsolid Nodules,”, American Journal of Roentgenology, vol. 212, pp. 1–7, 2019. (SCI, JCR 2018 IF=3.161)
- C. Kim, J. Gwak, D. Shim*, and M. Jeon, “A framework for automatically constructing a dataset for training a
vehicle detector,” International Journal of Computational Vision and Robotics, 2018, Inderscience, vol. 9,
no. 2, pp. 192–206, 2019. (Scopus)
- C. Lim, J. Gwak, and M. Jeon*, “Configuration of a min-cost flow network for data association in multi-object tracking,”
International Journal of Computational Vision and Robotics, 2018, Inderscience, vol. 8, no. 6, pp.572–590, 2018. (Scopus)
- O. Prakash, J. Gwak, M. Khare, A. Khare and M. Jeon, “Human detection in complex real scenes based on
combination of biorthogonal wavelet transform and Zernike moments,”Optik - International Journal for Light and
Electron Optics, vol. 157, pp. 1267–1281, 2018. (SCI, JCR 2017 IF=1.191)
- J. Gwak*, “Multi-object tracking through learning relational appearance features and motion patterns,”Computer
Vision and Image Understanding, vol. 162, pp. 103–115, 2017. (SCI, JCR 2016 IF=2.498)
- R. K. Lama, J. Gwak, J-S. Park, S-W. Lee*, “Diagnosis of Alzheimer’s disease based on structural MRI images
using a regularized extreme learning machine and PCA features,”Journal of Healthcare Engineering,
vol. 2017, article ID 5485080, 11 pages, 2017. (SCIE)
- J. Gwak？, G. Park？, and M. Jeon*, “Viewpoint invariant person re-identification for global multi-object tracking
with non-overlapping cameras,” KSII Transactions on Internet and Information Systems, vol. 11, no. 4,
pp. 2075–2092, 2017. (SCIE)
- E. Yang, J. Gwak, M. Jeon*, “CRF-Boosting: Constructing a robust online hybrid boosting multiple object
trackers facilitated by CRF learning,” Sensors, vol. 17, no. 3, pp. 617:1–617:18, 2017. (SCIE, JCR 2016 IF=2.677)
- E. Yang, J. Gwak and M. Jeon*, “Multi-human tracking using part-based appearance modelling and grouping-
based tracklet association for visual surveillance applications,” Multimedia Tools and Applications, vol. 76,
no. 5, pp. 6731–6754, 2017. (SCIE, JCR 2016 IF=1.530).
- J. Gwak, M. Jeon* and W. Pedrycz, “Bolstering efficient SSGAs based on an ensemble of probabilistic
variable-wise crossover strategies,” Soft Computing, vol. 20, no. 6, pp. 2149–2176, 2016. (SCIE, JCR 2016 IF=2.472).
- J. Gwak, and K. M. Sim and M. Jeon*, “Novel dynamic diversity controlling EAs for coevolving optimal negotiation
strategies,” Information Sciences, vol. 273, pp. 1–32, 2014. (SCI, JCR 2016 IF=4.832, 4 citations, Cover Paper,
[7/146, 4.795%, Computer Science, Information Systems]).
- J. Gwak and K. M. Sim*, “A novel method for coevolving PS-optimizing negotiation strategies using improved
diversity controlling EDA,” Applied Intelligence, vol. 38, no. 3, pp. 384–417, 2013. (SCI, JCR 2016 IF=1.904)
- J. Gwak* and K. M. Sim, “An augmented EDA with dynamic diversity control and local neighborhood search
for coevolution of optimal negotiation strategies,” Applied Intelligence, vol. 38, no. 4, pp. 600–619, 2013.
(SCI, JCR 2016 IF=1.904).
- S. Lee, J. Gwak and M. Jeon*, “Vehicle model recognition in video,” International Journal of Signal Processing,
Image Processing and Pattern Recognition, vol. 6, no. 2, 2013.
- T. K. K Ho, J. Gwak*, J.-I. Song, C. M. Park “Utilizing Pretrained Deep Learning Models for Automated Pulmonary
Tuberculosis Detection Using Chest Radiography,” Lecture Notes in Artificial Intelligence, vol. 11432, 1–9, Springer,
- H. Jeong, J. Gwak*, C. Park, M. Khare, O. Prakash and J.-I. Song*, “Enabling More Accurate Bounding Boxes
for Deep Learning-based Real-time Human Detection Information”, Lecture Notes in Electrical Engineering,
vol. 524, pp. 345–356, Springer, 2019
- S. Lee, J. Gwak*, M. Khare, A. Khare and M. Jeon*, “Comparative Study on Person Re-identification using
Shape and Color-based Human Body Part Matching information”, Lecture Notes in Electrical Engineering,
vol. 524, pp. 313–322, Springer, 2019
- T. K. K Ho, J. Gwak*, A. Khare, C. M. Park and J.-I. Song, “Deep Leaning-based Approach for Mental Workload
Stages Discrimination from Multi-Channel fNIRS information”, Lecture Notes in Electrical Engineering,
vol. 524, pp. 431–440, Springer, 2019
- M. Khare, P. Srivastava, J. Gwak, A. Khare, “A Multiresolution approach for Content-Based Image Retrieval using
Wavelet Transform of Local Binary Pattern”, pp. 529–538, Lecture Notes in Computer Science, vol. 10752,
pp 529-538, Springer, 2018
- H. Shin, J. Gwak, J. Yu, M. Jeon*, “Abnormal Event Detection Using Trajectory and Region-Based Approaches,”
Advances in Computing, Control and Communication Technology, R.R. Tewari, A. K. Rai, eds.,
pp. 45–52, Allied Publishers Pvt. Ltd., 2016
- A. Mallak, J. Gwak and S-W Lee*, “Computational and Comparative Study on Multiple Kernel Learning Approaches
for the Classification Problem of Alzheimer’s disease,” Nature of Computation and Communication, P. C. Vinh and
L Barolli, eds., pp. 334–341, Springer, 2016.
- J. Gwak and K. M. Sim*, “Coevolving negotiation strategies for P-S-optimizing agents”, Lecture Notes in Electrical
Engineering, pp. 119–135, Springer, 2011 (Invited paper).
[International Conference Papers] (Since 2019~)
- M. Kim, T. Nguyen, J. Gwak, J-J. Lee, K-Y. Choi, K-H. Lee, and J. G. Kim, “Investigation of Cerebral Hemodynamic
Changes in Mild Cognitive Impairment Due to Alzheimer’s Disease During a Verbal Fluency Task” in 7th International
Conference on the Development of Biomedical Engineering in Vietnam (BME7), June 27-29, 2019, Ho Chi Minh City,
- J. Gwak, M. Jeon, “A Real-time Visual Anomaly Detection Device and a Method Thereof”,
(Application No. 10-2018-0028612)
- J. Gwak, M. Jeon, “Multi-Object Tracking System and Multi-Object Tracking Method using Same”, PCT Patent,
Application Completed (Application No. PCT/KR2017/001659)
- J. Gwak, G. Park, M. Jeon, “Object Reidentification Method for Global Multi-Object Tracking”, PCT Patent,
Application Completed (PCT/KR2017/002222)
- J. Gwak, M. Jeon, “A Method for Tracking for Tracking Multi-Object Through Relational Appearance Features and
Motion Patterns, and a Computer Readable Storage Medium Thereof”, KR Patent, Application Completed
(Application No. 10-2017-0010701, Registration No. 10-1866338)
- J. Gwak, G. Park and M. Jeon, “Viewpoint Invariant Re-Identification of Persons for Global Multi-Object Tracking
across Non-Overlapping Cameras”, KR Patent, Application Completed (Application No. 10-2016-0024674)
- J. Gwak, E. Yang, M. Jeon, “System for tracking moving multi-target method for tracking of moving multi-target using
same”, US Patent, Application Completed (Application No. 62296101); KR Patent, Application Completed
(Application No. 10-2016-0024674)
- J. Yu, J. Gwak and M. Jeon, “Alarming apparatus and method for event occurrence, and providing method of
event occurrence determination model”, US Patent, Application Completed (Application No. 62295155); KR Patent,
Registered (Registration No. 10-1766467)